Lake Panorama is located in Panora, Iowa with easy access from either Highway 44 or Interstate 80. (From I-80, take the Stuart exit #93 North on P28 for 15 miles) The lake is 45 minutes from West Des Moines or 1 hour and 45 minutes from Omaha.
Lake Panorama is the largest private lake in Iowa with 1,160 acres of lake surface and more than 30 miles of shoreline. This man-made lake is fed by the Middle Raccoon River and was built in 1970. There are close to 1,000 residences (approximately 700 of which are lakefront) and over 1750 members of the Lake Panorama Association.
Property is divided into three general categories at Lake Panorama. ‘A’ homes and lots are waterfront. ‘B’ and ‘C’ homes and lots are primarily offshore. Prices vary widely by the type of lot and location on the lake. 2016 sold figures for each type of property are summarized below:
Waterfront lots: range: $30,000-$272,000 average: $131,029
Waterfront homes: range: $222,500-$980,000 average: $448,032
Waterfront condos: range: $199,000-386,000 average: $294,325
Offshore (B) lots: range: $4,000-$60,000 average: $17,405
Offshore (B) homes: range: $70,000-$335,000 average: $212,404
Offshore (B) condos: range: $85,500-$175,000 average: $103,803
Offshore (C) lots: range: $3,000-$50,000 average: $9,800
Offshore (C) homes: range: $127,500-$252,000 average: $183,167
Offshore (C) condos: range: $270,000-$322,500 average: $296,250
- Lake Panorama has a full service marina (Coulters Panorama Marine) on the East side of the lake. They offer a gas dock with boating supplies, slip rentals, boat storage and boat parts/sales/service/repair.
- There are three beaches available for member use that provide docks, shelters, restrooms, swimming areas and playgrounds.
- Lake Panorama has two slalom courses – one on each end of the lake.
- The Port on Lake Panorama is a lakefront restaurant, inn and tiki bar located on the main basin on the East side of the lake. (just South of the marina)
- Lake Panorama National Golf Resort and Conference Center is owned by the Lake Panorama Association and boasts a four-star rating from Golf Digest for their renowned public 18-hole championship golf course. In addition to golf, they offer a full-service restaurant, banquet and meeting room facilities, and lodging.